Friday, January 9, 2015

Happy Birthday, Oldest One!


Oops... I forgot to finish getting this posted yesterday...

 


It's incredible how fast time flies, isn't it?

Today, this beautiful young lady is twelve years old.

Twelve years of laughter, joy, learning and fun (along with some blood, sweat, and tears) has brought us here. She's full of imagination and creativity, she's positively brilliant, and she's growing into such a mature and responsible young woman.

There's this unique and very brief fragment of life where one is old enough to be trusted and relied upon to take care of things (mostly) and is also young enough to still play like a child at times. That is where we are, and I love this stage.

I'm filled with gratitude that I've had the pleasure of raising her and enjoying her and loving her.

Happy Birthday, my dear Oldest One! May this year be filled with all the things you hope for, much growth and grace, and above all, joy!

No comments: