Thursday, July 8, 2010

FO - Traveling Woman Shawl


Since my birthday is coming up, and I'll be Closer To Thirty, I decided to knit myself a shawl. Because, you know, old ladies wear shawls, so I thought it would be fitting.

Okay, not really.

But I've always wanted to knit a lace shawl, so I went for it. I started when we were headed home from California. I finished when we were headed home from Marble - it took every day of June (on the days I had time to knit, anyway) to finish.



It's the perfect size for tying around my waist to dress up a skirt or jeans, tying around my head as a kerchief, or wearing around my shoulders as a shawlette. I'm quite happy with the result.



The yarn is 100% alpaca laceweight, soft and lush as can be.

Pattern: Traveling Woman by Liz Abinante
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Alpaca Lace Paint
Needles: size 4 circular
On Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/itdoesntsck2bme/traveling-woman

5 comments:

Anke said...

The shawl turned out beautiful! You did a great job!

Julie said...

Hi Anke, thank you!

Wendy said...

wow, this is so pretty and delicate. It looks great on you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, Girl!
LOL @ the "old lady" thought-- youthful, little you!
-- Life.

shaper machine 12 inches said...

Nice Blog

Lathe Machine Manufacturers

Lathe Machine Traders

Slotting Machine Manufacturers

MILLING MACHINE MANUFACTURER