Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Adventures 2011



Please forgive the neglected state of my blog - we've been too busy having blog-worthy adventures to write about them.

We just got home from the second of two back-to-back camping trips, first to Taylor Canyon and the Crested Butte area, and then to Ouray for the Independence Day celebration. We had so many 4x4/hiking/geocaching adventures I don't think I could ever tell you about all of them. But I'll post photos of some of the highlights of our trip over the next few days for the family and friends that are interested in seeing them. It'll take some time to go through all the pictures though, so bear with me.

In the meantime, I've got to share this one little success:



Dutch Oven cooking. Hooray, we figured it out! And its not actually that hard, though I was nervous to give it a try. We successfully made the enchiladas above, and the peach cobbler below, using a dutch oven and some hot charcoal. So. Cool. I'm in love with cast iron now, and want more.

That's it for now. I need to make a dent in the massive laundry pile on my bedroom floor before I sit for too long in front of the computer. It's good to be home, but it'll be better when all the chores and housework are caught up!

No comments: