Saturday, February 12, 2011

The first seeds are IN!

My order from Pine Tree Seeds finally came. I say finally not because it took too long, but because I lack any sort of patience when it comes to things like seed orders.

Littlest One helped me plant the onions and the broccoli on the fancy-schmancy growing table my sweet hubby set up for me in the basement. (Probably because he got sick of trying to eat at a kitchen table covered in seedlings last year.)



The seeds are in, watered, and being warmed gently by the heating pad. I'm about a month late with the onions - I hope they decide to grow fast.



Now, we start stalking the mail man again, this time for the tomato and pepper seeds from Totally
Tomatoes
. I've never ordered from them before. I hope I don't regret it.

And then, we sit back, and we wait for the heat. It's supposed to be 50 next week... if the snow melts and I can see the dirt, I'm putting in the spinach. I'm so sick of life without fresh vegetables.

1 comment:

Anke said...

Oh, I'm so with you... I can not wait to eat the first spinach or lettuce fresh from the garden. Most of my seed order came in already and there are a bunch of seedlings growing in our dining room. Counting down the days...