Thursday, October 16, 2008

FO's

This is a gift for Ashley's son Dalton. His first birthday is November 1st.

Modeled by my baby girl:

I'm really quite pleased with the end result. The scarf felt like it went on forever, but it was worth it. I just might have to make a set for Cora in girly colors.

Pattern: Striped hat and scarf set, Adorable Knits for Tots by Zoe Mellor
Yarn: NaturallyCaron.com wool blend, washable and super soft. I'm in love with this yarn, and it's totally affordable.
Needles: size 4 and 6 circulars

Took about 10 days' worth of knitting time altogether - 15-20 hours.

===

Anthropologie rip-off hat:

You can see the original that I copied here. No way would I pay $38 for a flipping hat. This one cost $7. :o)

The picture of me actually wearing it is the best true representation of the color.




Pattern: a mix of a few, but mostly Foliage (knitty.com) mixed with Headline News (Stitch & Bitch Nation) with some mods and tweaks and I just made up the band. I used antique buttons recently gifted to me by my great grandmother instead of their crocheted buttons. I like the little bit of extra color they give it.

Only took about 3 hours from start to finish. Foliage would make a great gift hat done in the chunky yarn size.

Seriously, go check out anthropologie.com if you haven't seen their stuff. They have the most gorgeous clothes. And most of them would be so easy to make. :o) Next on my list is a beret, and then maybe a bit of sewing so I have some tops and dresses to wear my cool accessories with.

I'm feeling selfish, and I'm making myself stuff instead of knitting Christmas presents like I should be.

2 comments:

Kim said...

That hat and scarf that Cora is modeling is amazing!

If making that hat for yourself only took 3 hours, by all means, keep making stuff for yourself! You deserve it! :)

Unknown said...

I am CONSTANTLY amazed at your TALENT!!!! Love the toddler set, and I really love the hat you made! And I love your haircut... it's so cute... WootWoot!!!

*muah*