Friday, October 29, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

I've never enjoyed carving pumpkins. I don't like the smell. I don't like the goo. I don't like the mess. I don't like being afraid I'm going to slip with a knife and cut my finger off. As a kid, because of my aversion to pumpkin carving, we painted our pumpkins, and that was just fine by me.

But not so for Two Little Girls. Carving pumpkins is a tradition that we must take part in, if you ask them.

And so, we did.



We held our noses. We braved the goo.



We managed not to sever any appendages.



And we carved pumpkins.

I'm so glad this particular tradition is over for the year! It's a shame I couldn't convince them to go back to carving turnips. That seems a lot less... gooey.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neener-neener-neener we don't have to carve pumpkins ;-) LOL! ...oh...yeah... still have to process 'em :-P Hubby's offered his saws-all. I'm thinking of taking him up on it.
--Life.

Wendy said...

I'm always looking for other ways to avoid the mess - mostly by suggesting how fun it is to paint them! I usually just end up with more mess as I do the painting and everyone ends up carving anyway. Girls look so industrious with their pumpkins. Hope they have a fun time tomorrow! Can't wait to see them in the costumes (right?!).