Wednesday, January 6, 2010

After Christmas Shopping

Here's a great money saving tip for all: have a child right after Christmas.

That's when all the best toy sales happen, so they get lots of stuff for their birthday. :o)

To be honest, I'm "Christmased out". What was once a neatly organized closet full of toys is now an uncontrollable mess, all due to the great new gifts the kids got. And now I've got a birthday to contend with.

I did hit up Borders last night to see what I could find. I ended up finding a magic kit, an origami kit and a couple of activity-type books. They were 50% off plus we get a 25% homeschooler's discount, so I scored pretty well there. If you homeschool and don't already know this, go to all the book stores in your area and fill out paperwork, show them your letter of intent to homeschool, and you'll get 20-25% off any books and CD's, so long as it can somehow be attributed to learning. We have Barnes and Noble, Borders, and Hastings, and all of them offer the discount.




1 comment:

Wendy said...

I just got some great stuff at Borders too - lots of Bakugan stuff for a birthday party - all 40% off. Do homeschoolers get discounts at Michael's? I know I used to get discounts there when I was teaching, I bet they have discounts for homeschoolers too.