Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Anyone up for a challenge?

Okay. So I got this book at the library called "Life Makeovers" by Cheryl something-or-other. (I'll get her name later.) It's a good book, one of those kind of motivational, self-help sort of books about gaining control and finding a deeper meaning in your life. Through the course of a year - one exercise or concept each week - she vows to help you make over your life.

One of the big things she talks about is having a partner or group who is doing it along with you. I've been trying to contemplate how to gather a group of my friends (who have very few similar interests) on a regular basis to accomplish this, and I'm realizing it's just not gonna happen. Then I realized - I have a wonderful group of friends here on the internet in my little blog circle!

So, is anyone up for the challenge? One blog per week to help you achieve more satisfaction, peace, and meaning in your life? I thought it would be neat to create a blog specifically for it, invitation only, where everyone can post to it - sort of like a message board. If it's something you want to do, let me know, and feel free to invite anyone you want. If I get enough responses, I'll go ahead and set it up and we'll get started. I'll give you info on the book if you want to buy it, and I'll post little bits about the exercises so everyone can be involved, even if they don't have the book.

I could really use some extra motivation and happiness and satisfaction in my life. I've read through the first 10 weeks or so and think it sounds pretty cool - if nothing else, it's a way to learn more about myself, I guess.

so anyway, yeah, let me know. Hopefully it will only require a small bit of blog-reading each week (not TOO huge a commitment), and will help form some great relationships with other women out there (I'm convinced fellowship is a WONDERFUL thing, especially for women, who really need that connection.)

Wishing everyone a great night...


5 comments:

Kim said...

I'm totally game... let me know :)

Tricia said...

I know this will shock you (ok probably not) but I am in ;o)~

Dani said...

I'm down for it! I'll pass it on to some people I know as well.

Lover of lives... said...

Im in....Let me know the details...I love the idea

Kim said...

So I went and got the book out from the library! Yay!