Friday, February 20, 2009

Not much to say...

I'm not sure what to blog about, but it's been a few days, so I'd better.

Cora's sick. Again. I swear, this kid has the constitution of an ant. For whatever reason, she just picks up EVERYTHING. Ashley had me watch her kids last week and they were sick (she didnt' bother warning me ahead of time) so Cora got what they have. She's had a fever off and on for three days, lots of goopy green stuff draining from her nose, and a congested cough. She slept pretty much all day yesterday and the day before. She needs to get better. I don't want to leave for our vacation and have her be sick. I also don't want to catch what she has right before we leave.

I'm feeling mighty guilty for leaving my kids behind for a vacation. I was fine with it up until this week, but now it makes me a little sad. Until I think of how peaceful it must be to walk on a beach without two little girls, and then I get a little bit less sad. :o) I need this - I so desperately need a break. I know it'll make me a better mommy when I get back. But I feel bad leaving them for so long!

Amber - one of your mittens is done. The other one probably isn't going to get finished before we leave, I'm sorry. I've been so busy trying to get everything ready that I haven't had much knitting time.

I went to the library yesterday and picked up a couple of books to read - Ernest Hemingway's Across the River and Into the Trees and Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility, which I never finished the last time I started it. Not sure if we'll have any down time while we're gone that I might get to read, but I thought I'd be prepared.

Busy day today - gotta clean the house, finish packing, get my carry-on ready, clean out the van and wash it for Noelle, visit the chiropractor, fold all the laundry, organize Chloe's room, take care of a sick baby and squeeze in one last bit of school. We leave early Sunday morning - about 1 am, so Saturday is going to be a day of rest.

'Tis all for now. I don't want it to appear that I'm obsessing over our trip (I am) so I'll stop typing about it.




2 comments:

Meg said...

Have an amazing time on your vacation! You totally deserve it! Catch a bunch of sun rays for me :-)

Unknown said...

I hope you have a mahhhhhhvelous time on vacation... Don't worry about Cora... she'll be alright... Walk on the beach, read, lay by the pool, drink pina coladas... enjoy your time!