Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Day Getting Away

We took off yesterday for Glenwood Springs. It's a cute little ski town about an hour and a half from here. I lived there for a year when I was in middle school. We had no good reason for being there except that I was kind of desperate to get out of the house. We wandered around their downtown area and then went swimming in the hot springs pool. Not terribly relaxing since we had two little girls to keep track of, but it was definitely nice.

The locker room fascinates me. People are so.... naked. Chloe was flat out gawking. I tried to remind her that it's not nice to stare at people. But seriously, how could she not? When I'm changing, I make it quick and take off one piece of clothing at a time. There were women there that were just traipsing around the locker room naked, chit chatting and visiting, all the while standing there in nothing at all. The showers have privacy curtains, but no one bothers to use them. One lady was standing there in front of the mirror in her birthday suit blow drying her hair. Awesome.

But aside from the multitude of naked women, the hot springs pool was tremendous fun. Even Cora (Miss "I'm afraid of everything") enjoyed herself once she got used to it.

===

Speaking of Cora, she's being treated with a hefty antibiotic for MRSA. (MRSA is an antibiotic-resistant staph infection - the "superbug" that's been in the news lately.) They don't know if it's MRSA or not, they'd have to drain one of the little sores on her face and culture the fluid which would be painful (and "torturous" the doctor said) so he just went for the routine MRSA treatment and we'll hope it clears up. Poor baby looks awful - it started in the corner of her mouth but has now spread to about the size of a nickel, red and pus-filled and crusty and... yeah. She looks like a leper. I can't help but worry about her, though I try not to.

===

Not much else to report around here - I've just been enjoying my husband being home. It looks like he may leave Monday to go out of town again for a week and a half, but I'm not even sweating it. I'm just enjoying having him here now.

His brother and sis-in-law are coming to town this afternoon, bringing his sister's fiance with them. It'll be the first time all of us will be together. I was really looking forward to it but now I may have to stay home with Cora. We'll see. I want to see them all. They'll be here for most of the weekend, so hopefully I'll have a chance to see them at some point.

===

Okay, I'm closing out for now. Gotta get this house whipped into shape so we can sit around and be lazy all afternoon. :o)




1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL about the shower ladies. Chloe will probably have nightmares now... rofl!!!

Hope Cora gets better real soon! Poor little thing...