Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Why not?

I've never made stew before. I remember really, really not liking it as a kid, so I never bothered with it as an adult. (One of those great things about being a grown up, ya know?) Well, that was all fine and well until my husband killed two elk and a deer and we now have something like 30 pounds of cubed stew meat in the freezer. So I made stew. And ya know what? It was darn good.

(Also be sure to note the fancy new bowl - I got new dishes!)


And, for no reason other than because I felt like it and thought it would be fun, I made leaf-shaped biscuits. Which made the children think they were far more tasty than regular round biscuits.

Because taking pictures of your dinner is completely normal, right?


4 comments:

Wendy said...

this stew looks amazing!!! I love stew. There's just nothing more comforting than a big (gorgeous new) bowl of stew - and top it all with a leaf shaped biscuit?? ha! it's just awesome!

Mama Kautz said...

love the leaves and I am sure they are way more yummy than plain round ones :)

Just Me said...

looks tasty! And the leaf shaped biscuits idea is really cute.

By the way, I LOVE the sling!! The colors are great and it seems nice and sturdy! I had a friend ask if she might be able to by one from you.

Kim said...

Mmmmm I love stew!! You've inspired me to make some! I'm glad I clicked on your blog today. For some reason it wasn't updating in my blog list and it said you hadn't updated in 4 weeks. So I click on it and there are all of these entries to read! Nice!