Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines

Here's Andrew's bouquet :o)



He's just getting into archery, so I thought some arrows would be appropriate. Arrows for my cupid, ya know? ;o) There's an arm guard hanging there too, kind of hard to see, and the arrows are stuck into a pair of rolled up pajama pants that he'd said he wanted. I thought it turned out pretty cute.


Also wanted to share this frame that Chloe painted. I thought it was pretty good for a five year old! Michael's didn't have craft class last Tuesday, so we just did our own at home.


And now let me tell you just how spoiled I am. :o) He brought home roses on Wednesday (you can see them in the pic above). He gave me pretty aquamarine stud earrings that look perfect next to the sapphire ones from Christmas. (I have a total of 8 holes in my ears - I can wear a lot of earrings.) Then we went out to dinner at Old Chicago's, so I didn't have to cook. And THEN when we got home, he gave me a pretty silky black nighty, a big box of chocolate, and a teddy bear that matches the one he gave me our first Valentine's together.

Yep, sweetest guy ever, I tell ya.

I used to hate Valentine's Day and saw it as a stupid, consumer driven holiday. My policy was "If you don't show a girl you love her on more than one day a year, you don't deserve to have the girl." Well, he shows me he loves me every day of the year, but sometimes it's kinda nice to be able to celebrate the fact that we love each other so much.

Awwww! How sweet. And gooey and mushy. Blech. Alright, I'm done being a twitterpated sap.

Hope everyone else had a great V-day too!

No comments: