Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's official

Oh my goodness, I just realized that we are "officially" homeschoolers now. I hadn't thought about it that way. But all the 'normal' kids are going to school today, and if Chloe were a normal kid, she'd be off to her first day of kindergarten.

Aaahhhh! Time to panic! Not really. LOL I've said we're homeschoolers all along. I've been meaningfully teaching her things for two years now. If I were to put her in school, they'd have to skip her to first grade, which is what we're starting on now. But wow... it all just sort of became real to me.

Really though, it's a day that calls for celebration. All the 'normal' kids are back where they belong - out of the mall, off the playgrounds, off their skateboards on the streets, and behind desks in school buildings, far away from us. We can now go do all those fun things we've missed out on all summer because I just can't deal with that many kids. Hooray!

We're really homeschoolers now. I thought this day would never come. :o)


2 comments:

Dani said...

YAY! I have a couple more weeks, thank goodness. Because I'm terrified. LOL

The regulations in NY are kind of sucky!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! So, by official, do you mean that you're a registered homeschooler mom? I homeschooled my girls when we lived in California. Best years of our lives when they were growing up. What fun memories...

*muah*