Sunday, November 2, 2008

Oy Vey... someone please come save me!

Today was chaos. Cora woke up around 4 am and began dancing and patty-caking in bed, mingled with the occasional body slam. Then she gleefully started sprinkling Chloe and I with water from her bottle. Chloe was up for about an hour, then went back to bed. I gave up on Cora, and got up and made a pot of coffee, then settled in to entertain her until her sister was up. By the time my coffee was done, she was asleep on the living room floor. And of course, i was wide awake by that time. At least I got to do some knitting, I suppose, something I haven't done much of in days.

At seven they were both up, so we all got dressed and headed to my mom's for the morning. We headed home around 11, since we had a birthday party to get ready for at 1:00. I figured two hours was plenty of time to shower, get changed, and get over there. On my way home from Mom's though, a friend of Andrew's family called to see if she could stop by to chat. All was fine and well... except she stayed until 12:45. I frantically raced around dressing my children, dressing myself, and made it to the party at 1:05. The party was chaos in itself, with a dozen or so kids, two dozen adults, all of whom are people I wasn't exactly thrilled to be around - the sort of "rough around the edges" type.

So we get home around 4:00, but not before agreeing to go out to the in-law's for MIL's birthday dinner at 6:30. Cora has been whining non-stop for two days for some unknown reason, and it really kicked in when we got home. Then Chloe started whining a little too, since she was tired, and a thunderstorm rolled in. I called and said we wouldn't make it out there - I didn't need anything else to deal with!

About that time, I kiss Chloe on the forehead and realize she feels a little warm. Sure enough, a fever of 100.3, and she's been complaining that her legs and ankles and knees and arms hurt. I have no idea what's wrong with her, but she was asleep on the couch by 6:30.

And of course, the time change isn't helping matters. I already put Cora to bed, it's only 7:00, but I just couldn't deal with any more whining. :o( She didn't complain at all and is already asleep, but I'll regret it when she's up at 5 in the morning.

And when you add today to yesterday, which was supposed to be a "sit around and relax" day but wasn't, by any stretch of the imagination, relaxing, and last week's running around like mad doing everything under the sun, I'm just plain exhausted. I'm ready for a week off. :o)

And tomorrow we start up school again, so there should be all kinds of stress and chaos again. AND we're supposed to leave tomorrow afternoon to camp with Andrew and my dad at their hunting camp, which means I need to pack, but I kind of think we might not go afterall, especially if Chloe's sick.

I'm sure I'll be up all night with her, sleeping on the couch and taking her temperature every hour, just because that's how I am. A little cough, a mild fever, and I'm convinced my children are dying.

::sigh:: anyone wanna come over and babysit for an hour? LOL


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be right over...

Christian is also sick... I think something is definitely going around.

Can I bring ya a good cup of coffee???

Julie said...

I need something stronger than coffee! LOL

Kim said...

I totally would... if we weren't in NY and Andrew didn't have his staph infection yet again. Hopefully he kicks it this time, I hate it, it scares me.

Unknown said...

Alright.... let's add some Bailey's in it!! Or how about some chocolate tequila from Mexico??? Yummmmmmm....

:-P

Tricia said...

oooo I would come babysit.. but I am sort of a few hours away (I am in Virginia). Emily has been going through the on and off fever that comes with new teeth. fun stuff. ok not really. I hope everyone is on the mend fast!!!