Friday, April 17, 2009

:::whimper::: my sewing machine broke.

Have I mentioned yet that my sewing machine broke? I'm miserable. Wah.

It's a 30+ year old machine. It was time. The gear that allows me to switch back and forth between different stitch patterns broke in half. A local repair guy is supposed to call this week to look at it and see if he has a part that could fix it, but I'm not holding my breath. And of course, parts for 30 year old machines are no longer available. And really, the machine isn't worth fixing if it's going to be very expensive - it's missing so many parts. I dont' have any of the feet except that standard one, the button-holer is gone, etc. Somehow when I moved out of Mark's house I didn't take all the accessories, and they have disappeared completely.

Andrew last night said something about buying me a new machine. On one hand, of course I'd love a new sewing machine. The thought makes me all tingly inside, makes my heart beat a little faster with excitement. On the other hand, I'm not sure a new sewing machine is something we ought to be spending money on right now, when money's tight because of all the changes that have been going on at his work. But, I do plan to really up the ante with Etsy and try and start creating some income with it, which is virtually impossible without a sewing machine.

===

Mark called Easter Sunday to let me know they're extending their vacation in Singapore. He wont' be back for another month. He cited the reason as being something with Felicia's passport that didn't quite make sense, so I'm not really sure what's up. Chloe misses her dad, but I can't say I'm terribly disappointed that it'll be another month before I have to deal with him again.

===

Wanna see some Easter pictures? Of course you do. :o) The girls had a great time. Cora was way more into looking for eggs than I expected her to be. She kept pointing and saying "eh?" (She's not Canadian. Eh means Egg.)





The egg dying kit that we picked out sucked, so we just broke out the (non-toxic, washable) markers and colored on them.




No comments: