Saturday, October 6, 2007

"Mom, what's a penis?"

Ugh, yeah. She finally asked. I asked her where she heard the word, she said "Nowhere." She later told me she heard her dad call someone that. Awesome.

she looked embarrassed when she asked. I told her it's not a bad word at all, but that you should only use it when you're really talking about a penis. I asked her if she'd ever seen her dad naked, and she had, so then I asked her if she had seen how how he looks different than she does down there and that that is a penis and that only boys and men have them. "Does Andrew have a penis?" she asked. Then it was "and girls have crotches, right?" So we talked about vaginas. She knew that was where Cora came out of, but apparently didn't realize she had one too. So then it was "So you and me and Cora have vaginas. Does Grammy have one? Does Felicia have one?" Yeah. What fun. :oP

Later I heard her paying with her Littlest Pet Shop toys in her room dividing up the boys and girls and saying "No! You have a penis. You have to be with the boys." Later she came prancing out of her room and gleefully announced a discovery she'd made: "China rhymes with vagina!"

Oy vey.

I can only see us going somewhere and having Chloe announce that she's a proud owner of a vagina at the top of her lungs in the grocery store or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! That was a great story, I actually laughed outloud and then read it to Andy.