Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Vocabulary Lesson

"Mom, what does 'sacrifice' mean?"

Hmm...

"It means 'To have children.'

;o)

===

I love that all of our party guests were so kind as to bring gifts for Cora. And each one of them picked out the toy that looked the most exciting and interesting. Apparently, lights, obnoxious noises and lots of little pieces intrigue adults tremendously.

===



I still feel like I'm playing catch up from last week. My sisters-in-law called today and asked if I could give them a ride home from Glenwood Springs, about an hour and a half from here. Three hours in the car didn't make Cora a happy camper, but it wasn't too bad. I enjoy chatting with them, even if it is at times rather awkward.

Andrew's gone, this time to Utah. We're hoping he'll be home Thursday, but I'm not holding my breath. I always feel like my weeks are spent just waiting for the next week off. I should change that. It makes for long days though. That stretch from around 4:00 until bedtime is the worst. Tonight after we ate dinner we walked to the park. Everyone was having a great time until Chloe broke her leg and fractured her skull. (Read: skinned her knee and bumped her head.)

I have a problem of over-estimating how much food to make when serving others. As a result, we have enough barbecue food left in the fridge to have another whole party. I'm getting mighty sick of hot dogs and potato chips, and I've probably gained five pounds!

I suppose that's all the rambling I'll do today. Tomorrow: errands in the morning, sitting around in the afternoon. Surely I'll have something interesting to write about...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that anything you write is interesting, even if it's about cleaning the toilet! And Julie, you nearly gave me a heart attack with the broken leg & cracked skull comment.... My heart skipped a beat!

Hang in there... I know how hard it is for you when Andrew is gone...