Friday, August 28, 2009

I got Memed.

Thanks so much to Wendy at Greenish Thumb for tagging me in her meme!

Now I have to write seven things about myself. Do these have to be new ideas, things you don't already know? (Is there anything you readers don't already know about me?) Let's see...

1) I can still do the splits and I can still do cartwheels and round-offs. I proved it today in the back yard for my daughters, who were rather impressed.

2) I spend, on average, five and a half hours each day in the kitchen.

3) I wear an apron every day. I think everyone should wear an apron because they are just that fabulous.

4) I secretly think it's funny when my kids dress up the cat in sweaters, dresses, and hats, and try to feed him with a toy baby bottle. No, I lied. I'm quite open about how hilarious I find that. I also think it's perfectly fair that the cat torments the children while they sleep - the only opportunity he has to get the upper hand in fighting back.

5) I got "Mommy Time" today - my mother took the girls for an hour and a half. And it was really hard for me not to spend that time cleaning the house. I managed, I didn't clean a darn thing, but when I have "quiet time" without my kids my first inclination is to clean like there's no tomorrow.

6) I quit coffee yesterday and switched to green tea. Today was day two of success. I have a splitting headache, I'm exhausted and grouchy, but so far I'm still alive. If I can make it through tomorrow they say it gets easier. (Anyone who has ever seen my multitude of "quitting smoking" blogs knows how hard it is for me to quit addictive things. Two days is pretty darn exciting.)

7) I have the most fabulous, amazing, kind, understanding, patient, handsome, generous, reliable, trustworthy husband in the entire world. You're welcome to argue that point, but you're wrong.


And now for my tags :o)

1) Jan from Red Sock Mama - hilarity, fantastic photography and really great knitting - what more could you want from a blog?

2) Katey from Crazy Homeschool Mama - full of creativity, inspiration, and lots of cool homeschooling.

3) Kristin at Going Country - because she lives the same life I live except she does it on a real farm which is way cooler.

4) Dani at Adventure of Supermom - I've been watching her grow and develop her amazing mommy skills for six years (!) now.

5) Deb at Choirlady's Musings - I'm tagging her even though she hasn't blogged in forever because I MISS HER BLOGS! C'mon Deb, get to it already!

6) Kim at In my life, I love you more - because you can watch her kids grow day by day from all her great photos!

7) Carol at Frugal Finds - she's been at this forever, and no one has ever been more thorough. Always great if you're looking for great deals and freebies!


Here are the guidelines:


1. Link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Reveal the 7 things about yourself
3. Tag 7 other bloggers at the end of your post and link to them
4. Let each blogger know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Let the tagger know when your post is up.



3 comments:

Wendy said...

I can cartwheel too, and prove it often, but usually end up hurting myself, limping for the next few days.

I love that you wear an apron every day! I just saw some ridiculously expensive, but very cute aprons at Anthropologie (probably online if you don't have one near you). I thought it'd be cool to make one for my sister, complete with vintage fabric patterns, ruffles, asymmetrical pockets, etc.

Mama Kautz said...

AWESOME! Love the hair covering while digging :) I will do my post when I am not so crabby it woulsn't be pretty if I did it today lol

Julie said...

LOL Katey, that's my Aunt Jemima head-wrap. It's utterly unbecoming and makes me feel entirely too cool. :o)

Wendy - check antique stores for awesome vintage aprons. They can often be had for $5-10. Or you can ask your grandma/aunt/mother/neighbor or whomever might have some to spare. Or you can check out the book A is for Apron and make your own rockin' cool aprons too. My girls go running for their aprons as soon as they see me get the mixer out - your kiddos might like their own too!