1. I become convinced, within 30 minutes of the start of the party, that everyone thinks I suck.
2. I always make too much food, which means we eat party leftovers for a week. This year we had a luau - fruit and pork are on the menu, breakfast, lunch and dinner,for the next six days.
3. I hate it when people feel obligated to buy my child presents. I appreciate them, tremendously, but I still hate the way it feels.
4. I always worry about whether we will have enough people. And then when enough people confirm attendance, I worry about having too many.
5. I'm not allowed to get drunk if I'm the one hosting the party.
6. The day of the party I turn into "Hostess-zilla" and begin ordering my poor husband around as if he were a scullery maid, throwing mini- temper tantrums if he has The Nerve to sit down for a break or doesn't do something just as I might have, and then dealing with the guilt from my behavior afterward.
7. Decorating birthday cakes is akin to leg-hair removal by tweezers. It's tedious and painful.
8. Stress! Stress about everything! Stress about the people, stress about the food, stress about cleaning the house, stress about flippin' everything.
I SHOULD NOT THROW PARTIES.
That said, the party was pretty much a success. I'll post pictures tomorrow. :o)