Monday, March 1, 2010

shopping list

Here is my shopping list:

rubber spatulas*
a watering can*
queen sized sheets*
a small lamp
a large wooden cutting board (or two.)*
a simple wooden chair
a cheese grater*

I realize I could go to Wal Mart half a mile away and walk out twenty minutes later with all of those things. And I could even pay their "Low, low prices". But gosh darnit, I really don't want to.

I had a dream the other night that our local Wal Mart imploded. It was a good dream.

After school work is finished today, I'm gonna try to get out and visit some secondhand stores and see what I can come up with. The only thing I'm pretty sure I'll have to buy new is the sheets... mostly because used sheets skeeve me out. And I could probably make them, but there is something less than comfortable about a seam right down the middle of a sheet.

Any local readers, feel free to tell me about your favorite thrift stores! I'll let you know how I did tomorrow (assuming we actually make it out of the house today.)

*I already have one - probably bought at Wal Mart - but it's broken. I'm actually on my fifth cheese grater and the handle always falls off mid-grate, which is really quite dangerous. Maybe I could sue...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dollars can't talk unless people vote with them. One more blow to the Hideous Temple to the Idol of Prosperity (aka Wal Mart)! Go, Julie!