Sunday, September 16, 2007

Cute baby shoes



I finished saartje's bootees on the trips to and from Ouray and finished them up with buttons and button loops yesterday afternoon. They're adorable, but they're already almost too small. I made the newborn size, but with all the yarn I have left I might go ahead and make the next size bigger. They take about an hour and a half each to make, probably less now that I know what I'm doing. I'd alter the pattern a bit the next time and make the back go up just a bit higher, which would extend the life and probably keep them on a bit better. I'd also probably just sew one of the straps and not really make it button, as it's not really necessary to have two.

The necessary details-

Yarn: Paton's Grace
Needles: size 1
Buttons - somethin' from Joann's

It occurred to me recently that there's usually a basket with yarn and some on-going project next to every place I find myself sitting down- the rocker, the recliner, the bed, etc. I should really try and just keep one project going at a time so things actually get finished more often...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful!!

Tricia said...

Those are just so cute!! very nice!!