Friday, September 19, 2008

I finally uploaded pictures

I'm such a slacker. I've been using the laptop, and uploading pictures isn't quite as easy, so I just haven't done it in ages. But here are some.

Miss Cora with her Buddha belly, standing up. she's still not walking, but there's no rush. I read that a crawling baby at top speed moves 100 yards per minute. A walking child moves 600 yards per minute. Just keep on crawlin', kid.


Some baby socks made with the leftover yarn from one sock I made for myself. They don't match, but I kinda like them the way they are. I can knit a pair of baby socks in about 3 days' worth of knitting time. You'll notice that I mentioned "one" sock for myself - I started the second one, but I got bored. I'm sure it'll get done eventually...

Yarn: Regia Ringel
Needles: size 1
Pattern: None, just made it up as I went along, casted on 36 sts, i believe.
How to entertain a baby long enough to actually get a few minutes of knitting time during the day?

Cover her with little stickers. :o) It's good for half an hour of entertainment, at least. Only problem is you never know where stickers will end up.
another good child entertaining activity: give them foil. Lots of foil. For the baby, I just made some foil balls for her to throw and chase around. But Chloe used foil to make sculptures, and it was awesome. We had foil flowers and foil caterpillars and a foil man with a foil hat. Totally worth the $2 it costs to buy a roll of foil. :o)


Baby girl, eating (again). She eats at least 6 times a day, and it's always a full sized meal - as much as Chloe eats, if not more. Last night she wolfed down a whole slice of pizza long before Chloe even started on her cheese (Chloe eats pizza from the topping down to the bread, layer by layer.) Cora's getting so chubby!
I tried turning this picture, but Photobucket apparently didn't feel like it. I liked this because you can see Chloe's long hair without being braided or pulled back at all. I love her hair. :o) It hangs down to her underwear now.
Computer time for little girls. This is why I never blog anymore - they ALWAYS have the computer.

Another un-flipped picture, this one of the ginormous cucumber we found in the garden. It's 8 inches long and 8.5 inches around.
Baby girl feeding a baby doll. She LOVES baby dolls.

That's it for now. Not much to report really, just been doing my fall cleaning/organizing. Andrew got home last night from hunting, he's discouraged after not seeing aything for days and so is just staying home the rest of the weekend. I'm sad that he didn't get to shoot something, but happy I'll have an adult in the house for a few days.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Julie... your daughters are absolutely GORGEOUS! I, too love Chloe's hair. Just simply beautiful! And Cora... spitting image of her father!

You are one lucky mommy! Enjoy them when they are young, cause I can tell you that they grow up so fast... Seems like just yesterday that my babies were the ages of yours...

Trippin' down Memory Lane... *deep sigh*

Jan said...

Never thought of the foil, but my boys LOVED masking tape! All two times we had a sitter, we'd hand them each a roll of tape and it kept them happy for hours!

I love seeing photos of the girls...and can't wait to see your new haircut.