Friday, September 5, 2008

My kids are cute.

I may be biased, but I think they're pretty freakin' adorable.


===

In a brief moment of panic, we homeschooled like crazy today. We did a little bit of everything - english/reading/phonics, math, science, history. I found out my sister in law is spending about 3 hours per day with her five year old in their first year, and I felt like a slacker again. Thankfully, Chloe didn't hold it against me. We'll be back to our usual 20-30 minutes on Monday, I'm sure.

===

Got a call from a lady we know who organizes produce co-ops every so often. She was taking orders for local organic peaches - $5 per 20-lb box. How could I pass that up? So I'm getting 40 pounds. I canned and froze 40 pounds at the beginning of August too. We should have enough peaches to last until next peach season now! Cora likes the canned ones though, so I'm sure they'll get eaten one way or another. It's a lot of work though, and soon it will be apple season, where I'll do probably 40 or maybe even 60 pounds of apples...

I love all this old fashioned food stuff; canning and freezing and otherwise preserving and hoarding. It makes me happy. My garden is surprising me - cucumbers and beans are running rampant, I've been giving some of both away. I was picking red tomatoes earlier and didn't realize that Littlest One was sitting there munching away on green ones she was picking through the garden fence. She seemed content, so I didn't stop her. LOL

It's amazing how much food that kid can put away. For dinner tonight she had half a stromboli sandwich leftover from our dinner out the other night (I can only eat half of one in a sitting!). She also had about 8 french fries, two sticks of cucumber, four or five tomatoes, five crackers, a small handful of pine nuts and a few bits of bell pepper. Oh, and two of the Dove chocolates that Deb sent me.

At the rate she's going, she should weigh more than Chloe by her second birthday.

===

One last pic, just 'cuz I can:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

ADORABLE PICS!!! Your little darlings are so beautiful... Love the pics! Especially the one with a chocolaty face! LOL so cute...

Love the new layout too! How'd ya do that? I thought for blogspot.com you had to use THEIR layouts.... Tell me how ya did it!

I used to can.... when the girls were in gradeschool. I really ought to get back to it, cause I loved doing it. You inspire me!

Blessings to you today, Kiddo....