Monday, October 13, 2008

Back from Denver

We got back Friday night from our quick little trip to Denver. We had a great time. The hotel room we booked on Expedia ended up being a one bedroom, fully stocked and furnished apartment. That was great as far as being comfortable while we were there instead of being crammed into one little room.

We visited the Zoo, the Museum of Nature and Science, and the Aquarium. All of them were great, but I think my favorite was the museum. We got there when they opened and left when they closed, and we were entertained all day long. They had a fun little area called the Discovery Zone where the kids could do all kinds of hands on things, and even Cora had a great time there. We also watched an IMAX movie: Africa, the Serengeti. I'd never seen an IMAX before, it was awesome.

At the Aquarium we got to touch sting rays, that was kind of neat. The zoo had all of our normal favorites - that's the third time, I think, that we've gone. With Chloe's love of animals, it just seems like a necessary stop whenever we're there.

Cora was amazingly good, except that she insisted that one of us carry her a lot, but hey, who wants to sit in a stroller for hours? Poor Andrew's arms are probably tired. :o)

On the way back home we stopped at the Outlet Village in Silverthorne, CO. Love that place. :o) I bought the girls matching Gymboree outfits, plus hairbows and socks, and only paid $40 for them. Still pricey, I suppose, for kid's clothes, but normally you can't even buy one outfit for that much, so I was happy. And they have horses on them, so I couldn't resist. I also got some stuff at the Carter's outlet and a couple of cute things for me at the Rue 21 store. I used to really hate shopping, but I'm really starting to love it. I am a firm believer in retail therapy. LOL

Anyway, I'd post pictures of our trip, but our camera is missing. We're fairly certain it's somewhere here, that it made it home with us, but no idea where it's at. Hopefully I find it soon - I find pictures to take on a daily basis.

===

So now we're back home, it's Monday, and we're starting two weeks on again. We didn't do any school with Chloe while Andrew was home (though she learned more on our trip than I could teach her in a few weeks!) We'll be picking up where we left off before and seeing how this two weeks on/one week off thing really works. Right now she's learning about greater than/less than symbols, sets of ten, we're still memorizing some words and she's starting to do better with double-vowel words. One of the mysterious pupae we've been finding hatched while we were gone - they're moths. It was neat, she came screaming into the living room because she was so excited about it. She let the moth go, but there are four more pupae left. I'm hoping she gets to watch one actually hatch. It's been a great lesson.

===

Last night was our first risk of frost this fall. Where did the time go? I can't believe how cold it's been. It's supposed to warm up a little bit, but then it'll go right back to being cold. I still have lots of peppers and tomatoes on the vines, so I covered that part of my garden for the evening. I'm not ready to be done with my garden quite yet.

===

I s'pose that's all for now. Lots to do this morning before little girls wake up!


1 comment:

Mama Kautz said...

FUN!! I miss all that fun stuff in Seattle....you are right she probably did learn a ton....throw math to the wind it won't hurt :)