Saturday, October 18, 2008

Is it selfish...?

Chloe's two bottom teeth are about ready to fall out. I'm so excited for her, that's a huge milestone.

And I was anxious all evening that she'd lose them while she was at Mark's last night. I just don't think he deserves to experience that milestone, or any others, with her. And I don't think I should have to miss them on account of him.

Is that selfish?

Yes, he called, finally, a week or so ago. He told me he'd been out of town for work for three weeks, but that he'd called and left a message on my phone. I can't tell you how many times he's said that, but there's never any message. I told him "Verizon must really have something against you personally, since they never seem to deliver your messages to me, because I get every other message that is left." He didn't think that was funny.

I'm not sure if I blogged after he called that day or not. But suffice it to say, I ripped him a new one. I never stand up to him, I always just do whatever it takes to keep the peace. but that day I was really mad, and I finally let him have it. I think he was surprised.

So he had her Thursday night and last night, and is supposed to have her back at 9:30. Yesterday morning I told him to drop her off no later than 8:45, as school starts at 9:00 in our house. He dropped her off around 9:15. He has no concept of "on time" and that irritates me. We'll see how he does today. I'm sure he'll want her again tonight, and through Sunday, but it's not happening - I just have to make sure I have the courage to tell him so. :o)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You, my dear, are one of the least selfish people I know! Hey... you stand up for yourself where Mark is concerned! You go girl!!! I got your back...