Saturday, August 22, 2009

I must be slow...

We're having a luau for Cora's birthday/my birthday tomorrow afternoon.

I was just sitting in the kitchen, drinking my morning coffee and working on the list of food to go and buy, writing things like "watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, kiwi, strawberry, grapes...." Fruit. Fruit is Hawaiian, after all.

And as I was staring out the open window next to me, a little yellow jacket came and buzzed right against the screen, making me jump, and reminding me of an important fact that (amazingly) slipped my mind:

It is YELLOW JACKET SEASON here in Colorado. We are getting ready to have a party at which we serve MEAT and FRUIT all afternoon.

We are going to be eaten alive by yellow jackets, I just know it. I'm going to look like a dork running around screaming and ducking in my grass skirt and lei.

I bet they don't have yellow jackets in Hawaii.


No comments: