Friday, September 9, 2011

FO - Flowers of Fall


This whole homeschooling-homesteading mom thing is really putting a damper on my love for making things. I vaguely remember having time to knit, once upon a time ago, but it hasn't happened any time lately.

With the cooler fall weather settling in, I finally put my foot down and made some time to do a bit of knitting. I rebelled against the housework, even threw the to-do list in the trash. Then I poured myself a glass of wine (at 3:00 in the afternoon) and camped out in my favorite Adirondack chair beneath the shade of the elm tree in the front yard. It was lovely, and so very needed for my sanity.

And the product of my relaxing afternoon made it all the more satisfying:

Flowers of Fall hat by Brownie Knits



I love giant flowers on Little Girl heads. Makes me wish I was four so I could rock the giant flower look.




2 comments:

Anke said...

I love the hat! Your little girls looks adorable wearing it!

Anonymous said...

Too cute :-)