Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Never Ending Sweater

Yesterday I mentioned the Never Ending Sweater. I've finally made enough progress on it that I think it deserves it's own post.

This sweater was started a year ago, hunting season 2008. It will be a miracle if I ever finish it, and that's kind of sad, because my husband deserves to have a nice, cozy, hand knitted sweater to wear. But hey, it's not my fault he's 6'4" with an arm length to prove it.

So here we have the main body and one sleeve. Obviously, there needs to be another sleeve, then it all gets joined together and knitted up to the neck.

At this rate, I just might finish it by next hunting season. :-)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

It's really nice! Great progress. I love the yarn with the little specks in it and the pattern/texture, whatever you call it.

Anonymous said...

You know, you could finish it sooner by just doing another sleeve and making it an off-the-shoulder style-- Andrew could rival his Mexico performance in a sweater like that ;-)