Sunday, May 4, 2008

Farm animals



I finally finished this project. I had finished all but the cow back in Feb/March. The cow's head sat in my knitting basket for two months waiting for ears, nose, horns, and a body.

I need to pick up some small black eye beads and sew them on, but otherwise I'm finished. It'll be a Christmas or birthday gift for Cora.

Yarn: stash yarn, all acrylics. F hook for most of them. I Googled 'free crochet pattern pig' and ended up finding a link to all of them, by a girl who sells patterns on Etsy.

I am NOT a crocheter. I don't like it and I'm not good at it. These are reasonably cute, but they aren't perfect. They do work up quickly though for the most part.

I have some cow print flannel in my fabric stash. I might sew a little bag or something to keep them in.

===

The library finally found me a copy of Elizabeth Zimmermann's Opinionated Knitter. I had put in an interlibrary loan request for it back in January. I had to sign my life away in order to bring it home. Well, not really, but I had to agree to pay $100 if it is lost or damaged, and there are other rules that go along with it.

Oh, but it's so worth it. Anything written by EZ is worth it. I just adore this woman. She is ingenious in knitting, but also in life. Reading her journal entries is fascinating, pure and simple. I want to own this book. There are at least 3 or 4 things I want to make RIGHT NOW out of her book, but there is so much useful information in there that even if you never actually knitted one of her patterns, you'd still be better off for owning one of her books.

It makes me want to continue journaling, and hope that my family appreciate it as much as hers does. I need to start handwriting my journals, instead of typing them in a blog. And I need to copy all my blogs to a CD so I can keep them and my kids can have them. I wish my mom was a writer. I wish my grandparents were. I think journaling is so neat, especially when a few generations have gone by and you can look back to see what life was like.






1 comment:

Just Me said...

You could probably use some black yarn and make eyes with a couple of quick stitches. Less risk of being bitten off that way and possibly easier.