Friday, October 19, 2007

Ooooh I'm irritated

It's just been kind of an irritating day.

It started with me calling the doctor Cora saw the other night, in hopes of getting a scrip for oral antibiotics since this ointment stuff isn't doing any good at all. They took my name and number and said someone would call me back. that was at 8:30. I called back at 11:30, and then again at 2:30, to find that someone had called in a prescription, they had just failed to tell me about it. So at 3:00 I was on my way to Wal Mart to pick it up.

While getting the girls in the car, I discovered one of those gigantic wolf spiders hanging out on my purse. So I yelled, cussed, and tried to kill the mother f*er with my shoe. It didn't die. So I sprinted inside to grab the bug spray, sprayed it, and it ran away under the seat, which is of course full of a bunch of random junk one finds on the floor of a car. I have no idea where the hell it went. I don't want to get in my car now.

So it takes us 10 minutes to get to Wal Mart. It's less than a mile away. We probably could have gotten there quicker walking, seriously. But between idiot drivers, too much traffic, and unbelievably slow lights... yeah.

so then we have to park half a mile away from the store in the one parking spot probably the furthest possible from the door. As we're walking along, some old man almost killed us. Okay, not really, but he could've! Here we're just walking along and he starts veering over toward the side we're walking on, right next to us. I stopped walking and watched him hit the bumper of a truck right in front of us. He looks all shocked, like the (parked) truck just appeared out of nowhere. then he backs up and goes on to park in a handicapped space.

We get the scrip (thank goodness both girls were being good) and head back out. I see the old man getting back into his car. We walk all the way to never never land where our car is parked, get in, get going, and lo and behold, that same damn old man is right in front of us. So we get up to the light, and the bastard sits through the whole damn green light because he is CLEANING his g*d d*mn glasses. Oh, for the love of god!!! Of course, Cora's in the backseat screaming bloody flipping murder because in her opinion, you may as well beat her as put her in the car seat. So I'm using all kinds of words my four year old ought not hear, sit for another five minutes behind the senile old man in front of us.

Oh! And my husband called earlier this morning to inform me he probably wont' be coming home this evening, and when he does get home tomorrow he'll be leaving to go hunting with my uncle. I tell ya, I'm getting used to being on own with two kids. At least it doesn't stress me out anymore.

Oy vey. I need a date with a bubble bath, a good book, and a drink. :::sigh:::

No comments: