Monday, March 3, 2008

Why is it always Monday again?

Monday. Again. :::sigh::: Monday means it's only the beginning of a very long week spent waiting for my husband to come home. We never go anywhere on Mondays anymore - Chloe's friends have school now, and her other friend's dad is off work on Mondays, so we don't see them either. I suppose that's good, an opportunity to get things done around the house. And I actually slept in a bit (till 7 LOL) since we didnt' have anywhere to go.

===

It's almost spring. In my flowerbeds you can see the leaves from daffodils, tulips and irises I planted the fall after we moved in. I actually have a slight tan line on my shoulders from time spent playing outside in the back yard wearing a tank top. I was thinking it's about time to pull all of the warm weather clothes from the basement and get them washed and ready to wear. I love spring - those first two weeks of nice warm weather, before the bugs come out - those are the best two weeks of the year, and they are almost here.

And yesterday? Yesterday, it snowed. :o\

===

I finished some longies last night for Cora:

I made a cute t-shirt to go with them. I'll get an action shot later. I think she needs a hat to match, don't you? :o)

I used this pattern. I altered it quite a bit. I didn't bother with short rows and my gauge was 4 sts per inch on size 10.5 needles. The yarn was really bulky. I also didn't bother with cuffs and just crocheted a scallop to the bottom of the legs. I'd call these a size 12 months. They're a little bit, but hopefully she'll wear them in the fall too.

Yarn: Yarn Bee's Mosaic Twist, just over 2 balls. I bought it at Hobby Lobby for .99 a ball. I think it's discontinued now, which is disappointing. It's a wool/acrylic blend, not sure the percentage, but it felts. The color is called Terra Rosa.

===

Last but not least, some pics of the girls.

Like mother....


Like daughter....



and this is what it looks like when Chloe and I try to put together a puzzle. I thought it was funny. This little baby wants to crawl so bad! It probably won't be long.







No comments: