Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Escape dog... and other antics

I was getting Cora changed and ready this morning, and calling the dog to go outside so we could leave for the library. That's when I heard the door shut. I looked out our bedroom window just in time to see a streak of black fur go tearing down the street wearing a string of hot pink pearls and half of a poodle costume. I went to the door, and there was Chloe, tears running down her face, convinced she had lost her beloved friend forever. It was really hard not to laugh. I went outside with the leash, opened the car door, and a very happy Izzy bounded inside, ready to go wherever the car might take her. Sadly, she was dragged right back into the house and into the back yard so we could leave. I think she was mighty disappointed. It was a good lesson for Chloe though - don't open the door unless you have permission first.

We played some fun games today - Candyland, Chutes & Ladders, Memory. We printed a 'mad lib' sort of thing off Familyfun.com (thanks Sarah!) We played a ton of make believe games where I sit there with Cora in my lap and tell a story and Chloe acts it out. Cinderella is her favorite. There's lots of improv involved that's great for her imagination. I'm on cleaning strike because I'm still convinced I'm dying, so I'm just hanging out with my kids. And that's what we did all day - played, laughed, sang silly songs, ran around with the dog. It was a whole lot of fun.

Ooh! And I have news! Cora rolled over! :o) I'm so proud of her. She did it twice too, so it wasn't just an accident. Those first two months with her had me convinced I'd never have more kids - now I'm a little sad that she's growing up so fast. @@ I'm such a dork. She's so fun though, watching all the cool things she's learning, listening to her coo and squeal and she's starting to really laugh. I love babies so much.

I just saw a bulletin from one of my Myspace 'friends' (really more of a distant acquaintance) saying she's having her birthday party at such and such bar. The time? She says she'll be there by 11:00. That's 11:00 PM. Holy crap! That's like... waaaaay past my bedtime. Do people actually just start hanging out at eleven o'clock? I must be getting old...