Friday, November 16, 2007

I think I grew up.

I went out to the bar last night to hang out with an old friend of mine. It's the bar that I used to go to, the place where I met Andrew, used to hang out and drink till the wee hours of the morning once a week and be all crazy and stuff. We used to have so much fun there. I spent the worst part of my adult life hanging out there too, escaping reality, so the place holds sort of bittersweet memories for me.

So I sat there, drinking a glass of cheap wine, and realizing how much I really don't enjoy the bar anymore. I think I've changed. The girls I used to hang out with have all these hanging out with the band, making out with this guy and that kind of stories. My stories revolve around my daughters - Cora rolled over, Chloe can read, etc. I feel like I live in a completely different world than they do now.

And ya know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. The only use I have for bars now is that they provide music and a dance floor, except that going without my husband kind of makes that pointless since I have no desire to dance with anyone but him. I'd much rather spend a couple hours sitting at the library, or having a cup of coffee than at the bar. I left before 9:00 - earlier than most people even get there. :o)

No comments: