Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kiddo Bits

"Chloe, what are you doing?"

"I'm not torturing Milo, Mom."



"He's just being a parade cat."


He was thrilled with this, I assure you.

That child torments the poor cat. I mean, she really tortures him sometimes - doll clothes, heck, rides in the doll carriage, wrapped in blankets... trapped under laundry baskets... endless games of chase. It's never ending.

And ya know what? I really think he does love it. He ALWAYS comes back for more. First thing in the morning, he's trying to wake her up, and he is pretty much always with her from then on. We really lucked out. He's a great cat.

===

So, my five year old runs faster on four legs than she does on two. Seriously.



If she's racing one of her friends, she gets about halfway and then drops to her hands and feet and continues, and nearly always wins. She is perpetually playing "horse" or "tiger" or "gazelle" or whatever, and is always running around that way.

And of course, monkey see, monkey do. Cora's always following her sister.



Most of the time, Chloe loves it. One day a week or so ago though, when Cora just wouldn't leave her alone, she came and sat next to me and sighed "It's hard having a baby." ;o) And there was the once that she told her "Cora, you are so agritating!" Mostly though, she loves having a playmate.

Chloe's favorite game to play with Cora is "Baby Godzilla". Except that she says "Gonzilla". She screeches "Oh no! It's Baby Gonzilla! Runnnn!!!!" And goes tearing through the house. Cora squeals and crawls after her as fast as her chubby little legs will take her, giggling and drooling all the way.


She does look rather terrifying, doesn't she?

===

And just because I can, a couple of pictures of my big girl.



Some days I look at her and just can't believe how fast she's grown. Especially now, with a baby. It seems like just yesterday it was Chloe that was doing all this stuff for the first time, and now she's reading and writing, using words like agritating and getting herself out of the bath tub without help.

And each time I think about that, I think about how the doctors told us she'd likely never walk, would have learning disabilities, behavioral disorders... Doctors sure don't know much, do they? :o) I'm pretty convinced she's normal. Well, except for that whole running around on all fours thing... but I think she'll survive.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that is adorable!!! Yes, I think that Chloe is very normal, infact, doing much better than most kids her age, because she's been taught to have an IMAGINATION and how to use it! That is a marvelous thing, Julie. Chloe & Cora are very lucky to have you as their mommy.

BTW, what kind of cat do you have? It looks alot like Meg's cat, Nikko... just curious.

Blessings, Darlin'...XXOO

Julie said...

I haven't a clue what kind of cat Milo is. He's a gray tiger striped tabby from the shelter. We're not big on special-breed cats. He's a good one though!