Wednesday, April 9, 2008


I made a cloth bag to use for groceries.

It's all made of scraps, so it didn't really cost anything. I'm hoping to make one each week till I have a dozen or so and don't ever need plastic bags anymore.

So we're at Vitamin Cottage doing our shopping, and take our cloth bag full out when we're done. Chloe asked why we did that. I told her we're trying to make it so there's not so much trash, saving the earth, yadda yadda. A good illustration of Earth Day. So she thinks for a minute and then says "Like those kids from the school picking up trash at the beach! They were saving the earth!..... This is like school!..... You're like a teacher!......... You know things, Mom!"

You could see the lightbulb over her head blinking with every new realization. I know things! I'm glad she figured that out now, and not when she's 20 like I did. LOL


Yesterday was not what one would call a good day. It wasn't bad, but not good either. Sneezing constantly does not help make for a good day. You know how it is - you try to be lady like with those cute, dainty little sneezes that make people smile and say "Bless you." But after 3 or 4 of those in a row, the daintiness is gone and you're heaving and coughing, eyes watering, nose running, gasping for breath between each sneeze. There's nothing cute or ladylike about it, and it makes people stare. Yeah, that's what I did most of the day, including 3 and a half hours of shopping. :::sigh::: Add to that a blowout diaper (I'm trying to use up the last few disposables - those things leak poop like crazy! Might as well not even put a diaper on her!) and a few other little glitches, and by noon I was exhausted.

After lunch, I spent the majority of the afternoon making baby food. I made apples, mangoes, broccoli and green beans. It takes a long time to do that - peel and chop the food, steam it till it's completely mushy, then blending it in the blender till it's just veggie-goop or fruit-goop. Blech! Then I put it in little ice cube trays to be stored later in zippy bags so I can just use a little bit at a time. So that took most of the afternoon.

Around 2:30, I realized I hadn't even sat down yet for the day. I'd even eaten my lunch standing up. So I took a quick break, but then had to finish the baby food. I kept going from then on till after dinner when I sat down to watch American Idol, and then got up to clean the kitchen. I didn't really stop till about 10:00 last night, and I was exhausted! I need a break!

So today we were supposed to go to the library, but Cora appears to have whatever Chloe had - she's wheezing and sniffling and coughing, sounds terrible. She's had a fever all night, but it didn't feel too high. I'll check it with a thermometer when she wakes up. I don't think we're going anywhere though- I think we may end up with the shower on hot snuggling in a steamy bathroom quite a bit today. It's raining too, and I don't like going out in the rain - I had when the hem of my pants gets wet, and since I'm a short person, they always get wet.


Thanks, Kim, for telling about Photobucket's resizing option. I figure that out, and have about 40 pics uploaded. I'm getting there, I promise. There are just so many flippin pictures! Hopefully I'll be done today and can share the address tomorrow morning. for now, I'm getting outta here, I need to get some stuff done before the girlies get up!

No comments: