Sunday, April 6, 2008

We're home!

Oh my goodness, we had such a great trip. Everything went wonderfully. Amazingly, we didn't forget a single thing! RideMax worked perfectly - we hardly waited in any lines, walking on to most rides with 5 minutes or less wait time. Standing in long lines at Disneyland can really suck the fun out of it, but with RideMax, it was awesome. We did every ride we wanted to, watched the parades from a great front row seat, had a perfect spot for the fireworks and had lots of free time to explore everything. It wasn't hot - we actually wore sweatshirts most of the time, and the evenings were pretty cold, but it was so much better than the 100 degree weather we've experienced at Disney before. The girls were great in the car - Cora didn't fuss nearly as much as I expected her to, and Chloe was happy and quiet the whole time, she's such a good traveler.

We also spent an afternoon at the beach and had a wonderful time - Chloe hadn't been to the beach before, so it was fun to see her exploring, playing in the surf and sand. We rounded out the trip with a stop in Vegas, which really wasn't all that fun, and then headed home. Vegas kind of sucked just because it's not easy to gamble with two little kids, there was so much walking to do and our bodies were already sore from two days at Disney, and we were ready to be home, I think. Neither one of us really cares to gamble anyway, but there's not much else to do in Vegas. My mom likes to though, so she did for a bit while we got the kids in bed Friday night.

I have a ton of pictures (between my mom and I, we took almost 600!) but I have to go through them, resize them and upload them, so I won't get them posted until later tonight or tomorrow because it's going to take forever. I'll try not to upload too many, and probably will just post the photobucket folder address instead of embedding them all here. So yeah, pictures soon. There's some good ones.

And now I have to take care of my sick little girl and wash laundry and get everything unpacked and put away. Chloe caught something yucky while we were there and by last night had a fever of 101.5. She's coughing and throwing up a little bit and her nose is really runny. She's sleeping on the couch right now with Milo, who seems quite happy to be home. Isabel didn't seem to care - I think she rather liked it at the neighbors' house where there were other dogs to play with!

I guess I'll close out for now - i have tons of catching up to do around this house. At least with Chloe sick, she sleeps alot. :oP


allykitty5 said...

Glad to see that you had a great time and made it home safe and sound. I hope Chloe feels better soon!! Can't wait to see all your pictures! :)

Deb said...

Welcome home!!! I'm so glad that you had a marvelous vacation! Can't wait to see pics!

Blessings~ Deb

Jan said...

Welcome home! I'm thrilled to hear that you had a good bring on the pictures!