Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Momma of Two


Yep, this is gonna take some gettin' used to. LOL It's hard already to try to divide my time, and when both of them need me at the same time, I get a little stressed trying to take care of them both. Add to that the housework that I've been making pitiful attempts at, and yep, I'm in over my head at the moment. I'm not worried - I just need time. But it's definitely different with two!
My post pregnancy hormones are very active now too - emotional and stressed and kinda cranky. I feel better today - part of yesteray may have just been how tired I was, and for some reason I feel a lot of pressure to start getting back into the swing of things. I had a few days off, now I need to get back on the ball. There's no good reason for that pressure, but I can't help it. I think I expect too much from myself sometimes. I've been drinking motherwort tincture and taking B-12 complex for my moods, hopefully that'll help a little. I've also been knitting again, which always helps.

Cora's doing great - she's sucking the life out of me, nursing every hour sometimes, but hey, it's a sign of a healthy baby. She sleeps a ton - in fact, Chloe is struggling with that. She thinks Cora should be awake to play with her more often. She pees and poops more than we can keep up with - I swear we change her every hour or more! Chloe never soaked diapers till she was quite a bit older and bigger. My 'tried and true' diapering methods with Chloe are failing miserably. It looks like Cora's gonna wear lots of knitted wool covers. She's sleeping pretty well at night, waking 2 or 3 times in about 8 hours. I just nurse her and fall right back to sleep. The dog is more of a nuisance than the baby is. She seems to have one fussy time each day for about four hours, where she's awake, but sleepy, but not sleepy enough to actually sleep. Thankfully so far we haven't had that fussy time at night yet!

Chloe's hanging in there too - I'm feeling bad because I still can't move around fast enough to play a lot of her games with her, so instead of that I took her to Michael's yesterday and picked out a couple of crafty things to do so I can sit with her while she does them.

Anyhow, I guess I better go, I think my girls will be up soon. Here's a quick pick of Chloe - she keeps stealing this blanket that someone gave us for Cora. She really, really loves it. :-)

1 comment:

Just Me said...

They are both so beautiful.