Saturday, August 18, 2007

Three days already?!


I can't believe our baby girl is already 3 days old!

She's such a healthy little girl. She's nursing like crazy now that my milk is in. Yesterday she was kinda fussy all day, but she wasn't getting anything but colostrum to fill her belly. Now that she gets a full belly whenever she wants she's so content and peaceful. She happily lies awake for awhile at a time now, just looking around and listening. She spent a lot of time last night doing that while we slept. I really am getting quite a bit of sleep at night, she wakes 2 or 3 times to nurse and then settles right back down. We have the co-sleeper set up right next to our bed so i don't even have to get up to nurse her. She already knows the difference between the co-sleeper and our bed though, and definitely prefers to be right between mommy and daddy while she sleeps. She starts out in the co-sleeper, but ends up between us.

I'm doing well too - still a little sore but hey, I did just birth an eight pound baby. My lower back/tail bone is my biggest complaint, though my boobs are hurtin' pretty bad right now too. I forgot how full they get! My after pains seem to be subsiding now, those were pretty miserable the first couple days, and they happened every time I put any pressure on my abdomen, every time I peed, and every time she nursed. Our midwife came again yesterday for a post partum check, and Cora and I are both doing fine according to them. They gave me my rhogam shot since her blood type is positive and I'm negative, and checked us both out. I'm having a hard time letting Andrew handle all the household stuff, but boy is he doing a great job of it. As I get more energy I'm doing some of it, but by noon or so I'm usually exhausted and ready for a nap. Slowly but surely we'll situate, I have no doubt.

We took Cora to Chloe's first dance recital yesterday, her first outing. It was a little stressful because we started too late on getting ready since we had company. Next time I'm kicking the company out. LOL All went well though, I kept her in the sling most of the time so I could help Chloe get dressed and whatnot. Our camera was out of batteries and had no memory card, so we didnt' get pics of this one, but there's another one coming in September that's the same routine so I'll get pictures then. For the record, Chloe did wonderfully at her recital, as good as most of the other girls. I was so proud I had tears in my eyes, you could just tell she loved it. After it was over she wanted to do it again. :-)

I guess that's all for now. I'm gonna go have some breakfast while the baby sleeps and Chloe is coloring. I plan to take some fun pics today, I'll post them when I do.

No comments: