Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A bit of misc. and some pictures

I woke up this morning at 4:30 when the dog was whimpering to go out. That's about the time I realized something in our house smelled awful, which is how I came to discover that the dog had pooped - twice - in the living room. The anti-inflammatory meds she's on for her tail give her diarrhea. Apparently, she couldn't hold it. Yuck. So I cleaned it up, grounded her to the kitchen, and went back to bed. If that's any indication of how the rest of my day is going to go, maybe I should've just stayed in bed!

==

So I'm knitting hiatus. I just decided I'm temporarily bored with it. I'm sure it won't last more than a week or two, but in the meantime, I'm a scrapbookin' fool. I found Chloe's baby album the other day and we were sitting there looking at it together, and I realized how happy I am that I scrapbook. Even those little things, from just 5 years ago, are so easy to forget. She saw the page with pictures of her belly after her surgery, and asked what the journaling said. I got about a paragraph into it before I started crying. Gosh, it's so easy to forget all that that little girl went through to be alive today.

Anyhow, it sparked my interest in scrapbooking again, and I'm still about 3 months behind on Cora plus a few other things, and I have a ton of pictures of Cora I never printed in case I get caught up and need something to do. :o)

===

It's time to start thinking about fair projects - the county fair is July 22-27, I think. The past two years I've entered just one item, a kid's sweater each time. But I looked through all the possible classes and I could enter a ton of different things. It's kind of fun, really. I might also do some cut flowers, and my mom wants to enter the pickled asparagus that we made. And I can sew a little girl's outfit, which would be fun. Most of what I'm entering will just be stuff I've done through the year. I would like to get a pair of socks knitted, since no one ever enters socks, but I don't know if I'll have the time - 6 weeks isn't very long. We'll see what happens.

===

A couple shots from our hike the other day - I love taking pictures like this. It doesn't look like something that was taken in the desert. I have no idea what kind of flower this is, but will probably look it up.


My beautiful girls:

Can you believe this little baby is almost 10 months old? My gosh, where has the time gone?! She's got such a funny little personality, I just love her.






See her vampire teeth? :o) Too funny.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a hibiscus to me... very pretty. We used to have those in California... my hibiscus shrubs had red blossoms on them. They do come in all colors.

And yes, your children are beautiful! I know how much you are enjoying them. They do grow up too quickly...

Hugs~ Deb