Saturday, February 16, 2008

My sweet puppy dog

:'o(

My Izzy dog has cancer.

They don't know yet if it's something she'll survive or not. We'll find out more on Monday. She has three skin tumors on her head and face, the most recent of which is a big gaping wound on her head by her ear and is oozing blood. She doesn't act like they hurt, but they look awful.

It's either a type of cancer that will correct itself after a few months, and she'll be fine, or it's a malignant cancer that "doesn't have a good prognosis" as the vet told me.

I can't tell you how much I love this dog. Losing her would be so heartbreaking. I've just been moping around the house all day, occasionally applying more antibiotic ointment to the spots, which she promptly licks off.

3 comments:

Frugal Finds said...

Oh Julie.. I am so sorry to hear about your dog. That is so tough. They become aprt of your family. I will hope for the best for her!!
Frugal Carol

Dani said...

{{{{{{}}}}}}} That is so hard, Jules! I HATE cancer! I hope it's not the malignant kind.

Kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! Hopefully it will be the kind that gets better and she will be healthy again. We thought our dog had a mass in her belly (and the vet thought most likely cancer), and when they went to do surgery to remove it, they found out it was only her liver, it was enlarged from meds she was on, and with time (and different meds) she got better. I have faith that Izzy will get better too. Our pets are like extra children!