Sunday, January 6, 2008

intermittent whining

I keep waking up at 3:30 am and can't go back to sleep. Yuck! Definitely need to change this pattern - it requires too much coffee to function.

==

Did I mention I'm allergic to cats? I'm sitting here sneezing and sniffling and my eyes are watering, and everywhere that the kitten has scratched me is itchy and puffy. Oh, the sacrifices we make for our children. The last time I had cats, the allergy went away after a couple weeks. I hope that happens again.

==

I was on this weird knitting kick there through most of the month of December. Now I'm kind of... stuck. I started a raglan top down sweater for Chloe, but I'm afraid I didn't buy enough yarn and now they aren't carrying it anymore, so my motivation to keep knitting it is gone.

I've decided there's no time like the present to try out fair isle knitting (the Norwegian color-work stuff, for those of you non-knitters out there.) It's always intimidated the heck out of me but hey, why not? I found the exact pattern I want - it's from Elizabeth Zimmerman's The Opinionated Knitter, a gorgeous fair isle yoke sweater. Unfortunately, my library has apparently not even heard of Elizabeth Zimmerman, let alone Opinionated Knitter, and I can't justify spending even more money on a knitting book (and that one isn't cheap) so I may have to find a different pattern. I do have a fair isle yoke pattern in Handknit Holidays, but I'm not thrilled with the design. I suppose I could put in a different yoke pattern, but that would require finagling that I'm not quite ready to attempt with a technique I've never done before. Ah well. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, maybe I'll knit a hat.

==

So, Andrew is gone for most of the week. Sometimes I really hate his job. They apparently have no appreciation for the importance of family time. They sent him to Wyoming to do work there for awhile.

It wouldn't be SO bad, except that in addition to him being gone, everyone I know is sick. My mother might have pneumonia, my dear friend Sarah and her kids have all had cronovirus. And that sums up the people I ever see on a regular basis. :oP So we're stuck at home, alone, because everyone is sick and doesn't want to hang out with us, mostly because they don't want to get us sick, which is nice of them. Nonetheless, that leaves me bored and lonely, stuck at home with nowhere to go and nothing to do. Wah.

Achoo, sniffle, sniffle.

1 comment:

jill said...

Watch the destashing/swap boards on Ravelry for the EZ book you need. Since I joined, I've swapped sock blockers for yarn, bought yarn AND Denise needles at less than retail through the boards. If I had the book, I'd send it to you but I don't. :o( But I'll keep my eyes open.