Monday, January 28, 2008

No shopping? Yeah, right.

LOL I really did consider not buying clothes for a year. And then I realized how crazy that is. ;o)

We dropped Andrew off at the airport yesterday morning, he's gone for a week for more training in Oklahoma. That means I'll probably be blogging a lot. I decided the best way to start a week of having him gone was to go shopping, so we headed to Kohl's. You just can't do any better than the clearance racks there. In my defense, most of what I bought was for Chloe, all summer and next winter stuff, and was actually needed. I also bought a pair of shorts and capris for me, and a plain white cami top, since I wore my last few out. It's one of those staples of my wardrobe and I'll get $6 worth of use out of it, so I decided to go for it.

Actually, buying bottoms right now is kind of needed for me too. I'm down to a size 5, which I haven't been since before I was pregnant with Chloe. At some point along the way, I got rid of all my size 5 stuff, figuring I'd never be that small again since I was stuck at a 7 for so long. So now I need new pants that don't fall off my hips. :o)

Anyhow, the grand total for Kohl's - $60. And I left with 20 articles of clothing. I'm pretty darn happy with that. :o)

===

The back of the CPH is done now, and I'm about 25 cable rows up the left front - another 50 or so rows and it'll be done, and I might be able to do that today. I've been watching junk TV while knitting when Chloe isn't here. I think I can already feel brain cells dying off. I watched two shows yesterday, on the "style" channel (there was nothing on DIY, I tried!) Anyhow, it was mind numbing. I need to stop doing that.

===

Here are some pics I uploaded this morning:

This is what 'school' looks like in our house. :o)



Happy baby

the girls, watching Baby Einstein together on my bed with the laptop.



And... look who can sit up all by herself now! She's staying up for 15-20 minutes at a time. I can't believe how fast she's growing up!

Look who decided to be friends. :oP I guess they decided since they both want the most comfortable bed in the house, they'd have to share it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading your blogs... you ought to publish them... "A Day in the Life of a Home Spun Mommy!" LOL Thanks for the entertainment!

Blessings~

Anonymous said...

The Children's Place is having a good sale right now. We usually don't shop there because it's too expensive, but we found Andrew a pair of sneakers for $5, a pair of brown dress boots for $8.50, and a pair of jeans for $2. The jeans and sneakers were the best deals! All are too big, but he will grow into them of course.

Julie said...

Wow, great deals! We don't have a Children's Place here, but I do go to the one in Kansas City when we go there. I'll have to see what I can find. :o)